Friday 11 October 2013

Time to invest in some stylish winter woollens!

 Jumper from Next, £32
 
If, like me, you tend to revert to jeans this time of year it doesn't mean you can not style them up with a striking winter woollen. I have to walk Arthur every day so it's important to me to pick a practical outfit but that doesn't mean it has to dull! I love this winter knit from Next as it combines style with a touch of warmth. You could easily team it with a pair of leather look leggings for an evening feel but it works just as well with a pair of skinny jeans. Added to that, its really good value for money at £32 and also comes in a beige colour, do I really need another?
 
 
Jack Will Netherly Cashmere Crew, £98.50, necklace Lola Rose
 
If you are after something a little bit special, look no further! Although this jumper from Jack Wills is a little bit on the expensive side, it feels soooo soft and cosy and I love this damson colour, it has quickly become one of my favourites and is perfect for accessorising! Don't be scared by the fact that its cashmere either, I've washed mine in my machine on a hand wash cycle (very scary!!!) and it doesn't appear to have suffered from the experience, unlike me who needed a glass of wine! This knit comes in 4 other beautiful shades including navy and fushia, but if it's a little too pricey then check out Jack Wills Berridge Merino Crew, at £49.50, still a little on the expensive side but just as lovely. I was lucky enough to be invited to the British Racing Drivers Club at Silverstone last weekend for the British Superbikes (a big THANK YOU, it was great!!!) and this jumper was exactly the right choice, smart, stylish and most importantly warm.
 
 
Topshop Lace Front jumper, £38
 
My final knit is this fun lace front jumper from Topshop. This feels almost as soft as the cashmere one and adds a bit of fun to what would normally be considered a boring practical jumper. This knit is ideal for looking good at a pub lunch after a long dog walk in the country at the weekend, one of my favourite pastimes at this time of year. This jumper is again very reasonable and comes in a cream and burgundy shade as well. Topshop are great for winter knits with a bit of a twist so certainly worth a visit.
 
What winter woollens will you be reaching for this autumn?
 
XXX
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment