Monday 25 November 2013

Chanel Rouge Allure Radieuse, a rose by any other name!

 Chanel Rouge Allure 217 Radieuse, £25
A beautiful shimmery pink!
 
When I first saw this new lipstick from Chanel's Collection Nuit Infinie de Chanel, Christmas 2013, I knew it had to be part of my make up collection!!!
 
I am a big fan of Chanel's Rouge Allure lipsticks as they always last so long and don't dry out you're lips. The colours always retain a good level of intensity too. Although quite expensive at £25, I think it's sometimes false economy to use a cheaper brand.
 
This pink is a change from my usual colour choice of a pinky red matte but sometimes, particularly when wearing a darker shade on the eyes, you need to go for a lighter lip colour. It didn't last quite as well as Chanel's more matte lipsticks, a common problem, I've found, with a shimmery satin shade. I thought it was a little reminiscent of the 60's, a touch of Mary Quant even, a good excuse to get out that bold black liquid eyeliner! 

A pretty, easy to wear pink!
 
Have you found any 60's inspired pink lipsticks this season?
 
XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment