Tuesday 14 January 2014

Soap and Glory - Juicy Peach Lip balm, is it really 'A Great Kisser?'




Soap and Glory 'A Great Kisser' Juicy Peach lip balm, £5

As I've mentioned in a previous post, Lush Peppermint lip scrub, I suffer really badly from dry chapped lips. As a result, I am always on the look out for a GOOD lip balm that can relieve these symptoms while protecting my lips from further damage. I usually use Nivea Essential Care lip balm and have several spread around various locations in the house as well as in my handbag, car and coat pocket while out on my daily dog walk.

One of the great things about blogging and following other bloggers is that you get to hear about many recommended products, reading many different opinions and reviews. I have read several very complementary posts on Soap and Glory products, my daughter is a very big fan, and so I was persuaded to give their lip balm a go when out shopping in my local Boots with Lisa.

This product comes in four yummy colours, Vanilla Bean, Sweet Coconut, Chocolate Cherry and my favourite, Juicy Peach. I love the subtle hint of peach, it takes me back to Harry's Bar in Venice sipping Bellini's. The colour is very subtle too, leaving a lovely hint on the lips and easy to apply with the finger. However, as a lip balm I'm not convinced! It has a slightly sticky consistency and dry's fairly quickly. I wore it a couple of times while walking Arthur and found I had to apply my usual lip balm to prevent chapping.

As a lip balm I would be reluctant to recommend this product BUT as a lip gloss it would certainly do the job. It does leave a lovely glossy effect on the lips when first applied and would compliment a peachy lipstick when worn as a topcoat. It comes in a beautifully designed handy sized tin that is great to carry in you're handbag, another bonus. As to whether it's 'A Great Kisser', well you'd have to ask my husband about that!!! I will certainly be looking to try other Soap and Glory products and am looking out for any posts with reviews.

Are there any lip balms you would recommend?

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment