Friday 21 March 2014

Essie 'Disco Dazzle' - Time to put on your disco pants!






 From left to right Jazzy Jubilant & Midnight Cami, £12.99

If you've become as obsessed as I have with all this seasons beautiful pastel shades on the high street then you can consider this nail varnish duo an antidote or maybe even just a touch of rebellion, great for a night out on the town! I reviewed Essie's really pretty pink duo, A Sprinkle in Pink, in a previous post (see here) and was really pleased with the quality, colour and versatility so it was only natural to be drawn to this more daring duo.

I really love all shades of blue when it comes to nail colour and Midnight Cami is no exception. It's a gorgeous rich shade of navy with just a hint of shimmer to it, beautiful worn on it's own or even better when accessorised with Jazzy Jubilant as a top coat. As with A Sprinkle of Pink, it's great fun to experiment with an accent nail or glitter just on the tips, unfortunately my nails aren't long enough to try this look ATM so I'll have to try that when, if ever, they reach a suitable length. The Jazzy Jubilant would also look good worn as a top coat to many other shades as it contains so many different disco inspired coloured sparkles, I personally like the idea of teaming it up with a shimmery silver or a jade green.

Which ever way you decide to wear this duo, I'm pretty sure you'll find it a lovely addition to your nail polish collection. I purchased mine in Boots and at £12.99 it's cheaper than buying Essie varnishes separately (usually £7.99 ea). I'd love to know if you've discovered any other Essie duo's in other colours, I'm sure I've seen a review on a lovely pale green but I haven't been able to track it down yet.

How would you wear this nail varnish duo?

Deborah
xxx


6 comments:

  1. I love the look of glitter nail varnishes but find them a damn pain when it comes to removing. Is this just me or do you/ anyone else find this? Good varnish remover recommendations welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about glittery nail polishes, I have exactly the same problem. I've found 'Bourjois Magic nail polish remover' is quite a good way of removing it, still not perfect but the best I've found. x

      Delete
  2. What lovely colours love the glitter Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good show, worth to try this style for the summer!

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fotofashionfeelings/544500558969009?fref=ts
    http://fotofashionfeelings.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great for the summer, the sun would really reflect on the glitter. x

      Delete