Wednesday 26 March 2014

Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Hand Wash and Hand Cream - A touch of colour and fragrance!






Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Hand Wash, £16
and Replenishing Hand Cream, £10

Having recently redecorated our downstairs cloakroom with a clean and simple white, silver and black colour scheme, we decided the room needed a touch of something bright and cheerful to give it a little something else. I thought an injection of either orange or bright pink would be the answer and accessoried accordingly with a couple of hand towels, my favourite cat trio (a special present from my mum years ago) and my ever present candles, again I do admit it's more than just an obsession!!!

The final touch came in the form of these beautiful new toiletries from Molton Brown. I've always been a big fan of their products and rate a hotel very highly if they supply Molton Brown bathroom products in their rooms, the height of true luxury. It was only natural to give my beautiful newly decorated cloakroom the products it deserved and the new Rhubarb & Rose hand care collection fitted the bill perfectly. Not only were they the perfect colour the smell is amazing. You really get the aroma of the rhubarb with just a slight hint of rose, a stunning combination evoking summer scents of rhubarb crumbles and fresh cut roses. My son said it reminded him of Rhubarb and Custard sweets, one of his favourites, so a big hit with him too, just what a mechanic needs to wash his hand at the end of a busy day!

The lovely soap cleanses without drying your hands and leaves the bathroom smelling fresh and fruity. Follow this with the hand cream and your hands feel beautifully moisturised, a must if you are constantly washing and drying them. There is also an Enriching Hand Lotion available in this collection but at £20 it's a little expensive, although you could purchase a gift set of all three for £40 here, a possible gift idea for Mother's Day.

I absolutely love the look, smell and quality of these products and will definitely be re-purchasing in the future, the hand wash bottle contains 300ml so this may not be for some time yet, however, the hand cream is disappearing more quickly as I can't resist using it every time I pop in the loo.

What are your favourite Molton Brown products? Can you recommend any other hand care brands?

Deborah
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Great review. I've never heard of this brand before though.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment. This brand is a little similar to Bayliss & Harding but a bit more expensive.. x

      Delete
  2. i love molton brown products! they always smell soooo good! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-take-3.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, their products are so lovely, it's really hard to chose! Will happily check out your blog and comment back, comments always brightens up my day. x

      Delete
  3. I love their patchouli and saffron scent, but rose and rhubarb sounds delicious! Just came across your blog and all your posts are making me pretty envious…!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! thanks so much for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them. I was very lucky that my daughter (Topaz & May) helped me set up my blog initially and is always there to advise so I can't take full credit. x

      Delete
  4. I was so in to Molton Brown some years ago. Then Bayliss & Harding launched with their almost identically packaged hand washes and hand creams, and I switched. I wouldn't say B&H is a match to Molton Brown in quality or variety (actually their range is quite limited), but I guess I just got out of the habit of buying Molton Brown. Now you've got me thinking about them again! I just love rose and I don't think I have any beauty products with a rhubarb scent. Interesting. I'm going to check this one out. Thanks Deborah:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e right, they are very similar to Bayliss & Harding which are also lovely but if you want something a little extra then I'd go for Molton Brown every time. Have fun checking out the Rhubarb & Rose, it's quite a distinct fragrance, I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks again for your comments, always very much appreciated! x

      Delete
  5. Hi!
    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award http://voguehunter.wordpress.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much but I'm not sure if I qualify as I have over 300 bloglovin followers. Does anyone know if that's the case? x

      Delete