Monday 3 March 2014

Review - Vaseline 'Spray & Go'





Vaseline 'Spray & Go' body moisturiser, Aloe fresh, £4.99

The Hype - A lotion with even spray coverage, quick absorbtion after rubbing in, non-greasy, leaving skin feeling silky smooth and deeply moisturised. A quick convenient solution to body moisturising!

When I recently saw an advert for this product I knew I would be tempted to give it a go. Like most of us, I am always on the lookout for ways to speed up my regular beauty regime in the morning and this product seemed like the answer. However, I have to admit that I was more than a little disappointed with the results.

It certainly provided an even coverage of spray moisturiser, after a bit of practice, but there was a lot of wastage with much of the contents ending up on my bathroom floor and tiles and they certainly didn't require moisture! It did dry fairly quickly after rubbing in, 'result' I hear you say and definitely left no signs of greasy or sticky residue but this also meant that it wasn't as moisturising as I would have liked, it certainly didn't leave me feeling deeply moisturised as claimed. It might be that my skin is drier and requires a richer lotion, if so then of the three varieties available (view here) I don't think any of them would be suitable for my skin.

If, unlike me, you have healthy youthful skin then this would probably be a good product for you to try, the aloe fresh version certainly smelt lovely and fresh. However, for me, the moisture just wasn't intense enough to give me the sort of moisture that my skin required. I guess I will just have to go back to my usual routine telling myself that it's not much quicker to spray and rub as opposed to squirt and rub!

Have you had chance to try this product yet, if so what did you think?

Deborah
xxx



4 comments:

  1. I must say that I find it difficult to understand how a spray that isn't massaged in at all can provide any long lasting hydration at all... Saying that, I'm still curious about it :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be fine if you're in a rush and need a quick fix but for me it's not part of my daily routine :-)

      Delete
  2. I really love the advert for this moisturiser! It's so clever! I think this would be perfect for me - will have to try it!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The advert is great, it's what attracted me. You should definitely give it a go, just because it didn't suit me doesn't mean it wouldn't work well for you :-)

      Delete