Friday 2 May 2014

Cargo's Valo Wind Light - Perfect lighting for those summer nights!!!




Blue Valo Wind Light from Cargo HomeShop, £9.99

Recently I was contacted to see if I would be interested in reviewing this lovely garden tea-light holder for Cargo HomeShop. As you may have already guessed, I love anything to do with candles and this beautiful blue Valo Wind Light seemed like the perfect garden accessory in which to display one of my many tea-lights.

Firstly, let's talk about the look of this product. I absolutely love the deep blue colouring of the jar, it looks so pretty when lite and I love the way the light is dispersed by the textured patterns on the glass. The jar is given an almost nautical feel with the addition of the chrome around the rim which has a rope attachment for hanging. I'm not sure how safe it would be to hang the jar when lite as quite a bit of heat is emitted from the candle which might affect the rope handle, it would probably depend on what size tea-light you use. Mr Moonstone also pointed out that the screws holding the rope handle were a little loose, so it's worth checking them out and tightening if necessary before hanging.

Here, I've used a larger tea-light as the jar is quite big (14 x 11cm), however, it would look equally as pretty with a normal sized one or maybe even a votive in a clear glass votive holder. You could also use a citronella scented candle if you had a problem with mosquitoes in the evening, both pretty and practical!

I didn't think the price tag of £9.99 was too much when you consider the size of the Valo Wind Light, you can pick up one of these little beauties direct from Cargo online by clicking on the link here. This has certainly become a welcome addition to my garden lighting accessories and I can't wait for those lovely warm summer barbecue evenings with family and friends, happy days!!!

How do you like to accessorise you garden on those lovely warm summer nights?

Deborah
xxx



6 comments:

  1. Ooh this is super cute. But practical? As you point out, probably not by the sounds of it. It does look gorgeous though. Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use it in the garden, bring on the summer!!! x

      Delete
  2. I actually love this! Wish I had an outside space to make beautiful with things like this!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thar's a shame as I know you love candles :-( I suggest you find a pretty new candle holder for indoors instead, they never fail to cheer me up. x

      Delete
  3. Finally did the post you tagged me to do about a month ago. Thank you again!
    http://brightandshinyday.blogspot.com/2014/05/very-inspiring-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing that, I will definitely check it out. x

      Delete